- Tub Transfer Bench and Sliding Shower Chair
- Giantex Portable Bathtubs Shower Seat
- Clevr 18″ ADA Compliant Folding Shower Bench Seat
- Moen DN7105 Home Care 33-Inch
- Carex Universal Bath Seat and Shower Chair
- Vive Shower Chair with Back
- Drive Medical Bellavita Auto Bath Tub Chair Seat Lift
- Vaunn Medical Adjustable Shower Seat with Removable Back
- Carousel Sliding Transfer Bench with Swivel Seat
- OasisSpace Padded Bathtub Seat
#1 Tub Transfer Bench and Sliding Shower Chair
#2 Giantex Portable Bathtubs Shower Bench Ergonomic Seat
#3 Clevr 18″ ADA Compliant Folding Teak Wood Shower Bench Seat
#4 Moen DN7105 Home Care 33-Inch
#5 Carex Universal Bath Seat and Shower Chair
In This Article
- Best Bathtub Seat Reviews (Updated List)
- 1. Tub Transfer Bench and Sliding Shower Chair
- 2. Giantex Portable Bathtubs Shower Seat
- 3. Clevr 18″ ADA Compliant Folding Shower Bench Seat
- 4. Moen DN7105 Home Care 33-Inch
- 5. Carex Universal Bath Seat and Shower Chair
- 6. Vive Shower Chair with Back
- 7. Drive Medical Bellavita Auto Bath Tub Chair Seat Lift
- 8. Vaunn Medical Adjustable Shower Seat with Removable Back
- 9. Carousel Sliding Transfer Bench with Swivel Seat
- 10. OasisSpace Padded Bathtub Seat
- The Best Bathtub Seat Buyer’s Guide
- Factors to consider before buying the bathtub seat
- Types of bathtub seats and their Pros and cons
Best Bathtub Seat Reviews (Updated List)
1. Tub Transfer Bench and Sliding Shower Chair
2. Giantex Portable Bathtubs Shower Seat
3. Clevr 18″ ADA Compliant Folding Shower Bench Seat
4. Moen DN7105 Home Care 33-Inch
5. Carex Universal Bath Seat and Shower Chair
#6 Vive Shower Chair with Backrest
#7 Drive Medical Bellavita Auto Bath Tub Chair Seat Lift
#8 Vaunn Medical Adjustable Shower Seat with Removable Back
#9 Carousel Sliding Transfer Bench with Swivel Seat
#10 OasisSpace Padded Bathtub Seat
6. Vive Shower Chair with Back
7. Drive Medical Bellavita Auto Bath Tub Chair Seat Lift
8. Vaunn Medical Adjustable Shower Seat with Removable Back
9. Carousel Sliding Transfer Bench with Swivel Seat
This carousel sliding transfer bench by platinum health is not just a regular transfer bench.
This transfer bench has adjustable height, and it can rotate at different angles.
The quality of construction is superior then many similar price transfer bench.
It has a rust-resistant aluminum frame which can support up to 330 lbs of weight. For better safety, it comes with adjustable safety straps. The feet of this bench has rubber grips which provide stability and prevent it from slipping.
Instead of using hard plastic, this transfer bench has water-resistant soft padding on the seat, back, and armrest.
10. OasisSpace Padded Bathtub Seat
This heavy-duty bath stool by Oasis Space is design to give you more security and comfort in the bathtub. This bathtub stool is ideal for traveling as it is lightweight and easy to store.
This is one of the best low budget bathtub chairs for the adult in our list. It has a weight capacity of 500 pounds, sturdy frame, and rubber feet for stability.
This heavy-duty bathtub shower has an adjustable height for comfort.
The Best Bathtub Seat Buyer’s Guide
What is a bathtub seat?The bath seat is a seat that allows you to sit in the bathtub while taking a bath comfortably. It also helps you to safely and efficiently get in and out of the tub. The bathtub seat is hung on the edge of the bathtub and reduces the depth of the tub. It consists of a plastic or wooden chair with a suspension device. The suspension is equipped with a rubber coating to prevent slipping. They come in many different shapes – from non-slip stools to swivel bath seats to inflatable bath cushions. In the end, for more comfort and safety, there are the bath lifts, which are significantly more expensive and with a bit of complicated assembly.
Who can use a bathtub seat?The bathtub seat is suitable for all people who need more safety and comfort in the bathroom. These seats are helpful for the elderly, people with temporary or permanent disabilities, and pregnant women. People with mobility issues often have problems getting in and out of the bath and are unable to sit in the bathtub with comfort.
Which bathtub seat is right for you?There are a variety of different models of bathtub seats with different functions. Which seat is suitable for a particular person depends on the situation and requirement of an individual. It is essential to consider all these different factors before deciding on a bathtub seat. In this guide, we will give you tips and an overview of different models and their advantages and disadvantages. Below you can check out important factors to consider before buying the bathtub seat.
Tip 1: Measure the bathtubBathtubs come in different styles and sizes. Therefore, it is crucial to measure the tub to make sure the bath seat will fit on it. For checking bathtub size, check out this article on the standard size of different style bathtubs. The size of the bathroom is also essential to consider so that the bathtub seat is not too big. Some bathtub seats are not adjustable, so you have to determine if it is wide enough or too wide.
Tip 2: Bath Seat SelectionPay attention to your needs and how many people usually use the tub. If someone who doesn’t need a seat is also using a tub, then a bathtub seat or chair is handy as they are portable and easy to store.
Tip 3: Find the styleBathtub seats are usually available in plastic or wood, which are durable materials. There are many different models with different functions, such as seat with backrest, armrest, hygiene cutout, or similar.
Tip 4: Determine the sizeNot all bathtub seats are suitable for all users. Many have size-height limitations, so it is essential to find a suitable bathtub seat. The typical bathtub seat holds a weight of 100 to 130 kg, which should be sufficient for most users. There are also the bathtub seats or chairs that can carry a weight of up to 200 kg. In terms of height, most seats can be raised or lowered to ensure perfect positioning.
Cost of Bathtub seatSimple bathtub seats can cost anywhere between 20 to 100 dollars, depending on the material and manufacturer. Bathtub seats with additional features can cost up to several hundred dollars, depending on their function, safety, and comfort. The most expensive type of bathtub seat is a bathtub lift. Below is an overview of the prices from the cheapest to the most expensive product:
|Stool / board / chair||about 20-70 dollars|
|Seat with armrest / backrest||about 80-300 dollars|
|lift||from 500 Dollars|
What alternatives are there to a bath seat?Below are some alternative solutions to bathtub seats:
|Walk-in bathtubs||It is a bathtub with integrated seat designed especially for seniors. The entry into the bathtub is facilitated by a door closing the seal. Seat and floor are equipped with non-slip material.|
|Rebuild bathtub to shower||It is a concept of restructuring the bathtub to shower. The conversion can be time consuming and expensive. Nevertheless, this is a popular alternative, because for the elderly, shower makes more sense than a tub.|
How to clean bathtub seat?After using the seat, it is essential that the seat is rinsed with hot water and disinfected with a disinfectant, mainly if several people use the place. The soap residue mustn’t remain in the seat to prevent mold and possible slipping.
Factors to consider before buying the bathtub seatThere are several factors you should consider before buying the bathtub seats. These factors will make it easier for you to decide if a particular bathtub seat is right for you or not. In summary, these are:
- Maximum load capacity
- Rotation function
Maximum load capacityLoad capacity is an essential criterion that you need to consider when buying a particular bath seat. Typically, most types of bathtub seats can withstand a bodyweight of up to about 150 kg. Some models can withstand up to 190 kg, and this is usually a bath stool.
SizeYou must find the right size bathtub seat for your bathtub. If the bathtub seat can fit perfectly in the tub, there is more safety. Some bathtub seats can also be adjusted to different tub sizes.
SeatThe seat design is vital so that you can sit comfortably and safely. When it comes to the chair, there are a few things to check: Seating position: Whether the seat is below, on or above the edge of the bathtub. Depending on your preference, you can decide which suits you the best. Drain holes: Some seats have holes in them to drain the water and prevent slippage Hygiene cutout Facilitates personal hygiene and is useful when several people use the same bathtub seat.
Rotation functionSome bathtub seats come with a swivel function. The rotary feature ensures more comfort and safety. This feature is essential if the user has limited mobility.
MaterialMost bathtub seats are of plastic or wood. The handles are of aluminum, and the part which is attached to the tub edges is rubberized to prevent slipping. Some bathtub seats have padded seats for more comfort while sitting.
Types of bathtub seats and their Pros and consThere are many different types of bathtub seats with different functions and materials. Below is a short overview of the most common models:
✔️ No installation necessary
✔️ Easy to care
✔️ Low cost
✔️ Usually adjustable
❌ can slip
❌ Bather sits above the water (only partial bath possible)
2. Bathtub seat with backrest | Pros and Cons
- Installation: The bath seat with backrest is simply hung on the edge of the bathtub or placed in a bathtub
- For whom is a bath seat with backrest suitable? For people with good mobility.
Pros✔️ Easy installation ✔️ Portable ✔️ Usually adjustable in width ✔️ Comfortable seating
Cons❌ Bather sits above the water (only partial bath possible)
3. Swivel bathtub seat | Pros, and ConsThe bathtub seat with swivel feature is designed to facilitate getting in and out of the bathtub. Swiveling bathtub seats are ideal when the person’s ability to move is severely restricted.
- Installation : A rotatable bathtub seat is simply hung / clamped on the edge of the bathtub.
- For whom is a rotatable bathtub seat suitable? For people who are in need of care or disabled with limited mobility.
Pros✔️ Simple installation ✔️ Easy to use ✔️ Comfortable seat
Cons❌ Bather sits above the water (only partial bath possible)
4. Electric bathtub seat / bath lift | Pros and ConsA bathtub lift is usually an electric bathtub seat that raises and lowers the person in the tub by hand control. People with severe mobility problem mostly use these chairs.
- Installation: An electric bathtub seat is placed on the bottom of the tub.
- For whom is an electric bath seat suitable? For persons with considerable restriction of movement.