In This Article
- 1. PSW-8 acoustic audio
- 2. Polk Audio PSW10
- 3. Planet Audio AC12D
- 4. Kenwood KSC-SW11
- 5. Pioneer TS-WX1210A
- 6. OSD Audio IWS88
- 7. Yamaha NS-SW050BL
- 8. Bazooka BTA850FH
- 9. Rockford Fosgate R2SD2-10
- 10. Kicker Comps 40CWS84
- 11. Sony SACS9
- 12. BIC America F12
- 13. JBL GT-Bass Pro12
- 14. SUB8SM Theater Solutions
- 15. Monoprice 109723
- 16. Polk Audio PSW505
- 17. Pioneer SW-8MK2
- 18. Kanto SUB6MG
- Why You Need A Subwoofer
- Types of Subwoofers
- Subwoofer Pricing
- Main characteristics
- Some Additional Tips
- Frequently asked questions regarding subwoofers
Subwoofers can enhance your audio experience exponentially. Subwoofers are affordable and comes in stylish design. If you are looking to enhance audio experience at home, office or cars than check out our list of subwoofers in the market.
Subwoofers are popular among music lovers as they give fantastic sound quality. Subwoofers features a loudspeaker enclosure where woofers are fitted. They reproduce low frequencies with an amazing clarity.
What are the 18 best subwoofers in 2019?
- PSW-8 acoustic audio
- Polk Audio PSW10
- Planet Audio AC12D
- Kenwood KSC-SW11
- Pioneer TS-WX1210A
- OSD Audio IWS88
- Yamaha NS-SW050BL
- Bazooka BTA850FH
- Rockford Fosgate R2SD2-10
- Kicker Comps 40CWS84
- Sony SACS9
- BIC America F12
- JBL GT-Bass Pro12
- SUB8SM Theater Solutions
- Monoprice 109723
- Polk Audio PSW505
- Pioneer SW-8MK2
- Kanto SUB6MG
There are many different models of subwoofers in the market. All subwoofers are not same, hence it is recommended to check pros and cons of all the subwoofers mentioned below.
PSW-8 has RFL bass-reflex design and comes in black-ask finish case of high-density MDF. Its rigid PVA treated provide amazing sound experience along with high-quality bass from the built-in amplifier.
- Adjustable independent gain control
- 8 ohms impedance
- Budget subwoofer
- Variable frequency control
- Speakers 12 “(30 cm) Polypropylene long excursion,
- Class D amplifier of 400 Watts,
- Patented Power Port Technology,
- Line level and LFE inputs (unfiltered),
- Frequency response 22 Hz – 180 Hz
It has a low resonance frequency of 35 Hertz, which also translates into a bass from the subwoofer. Its double coils can withstand high temperatures and reduce the electrical resistance to increase the efficiency of the amplifier. This means that you can connect two of these subwoofers to an amplifier, they will still operate at their optimum level. The die-cast speaker frame has good corrosion resistance and can absorb and dissipate the energy required to maintain subwoofer performance at high temperatures.
The manufacturer indicates that the subwoofer can handle a power rating of 1800 watts, but the subwoofer may explode if pushed to that limit. Moreover, Planet Audio does not have the best customer support.
The subwoofer has a rectangular design which gives an elegant look.
- This Kenstar subwoofer meets the requirements of those who wish to use a high power unit in tight spaces, such as a car.
- This subwoofer is very easy to install.
- Max output power: 150 Watt
- Frequency response: 30 – 160 Hz
- Nominal impedance: 4 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 98 dB
TS-WS120A dimension is 26 x 18 x 12 inches.
- Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Power rating: 350 Watts
- Frequency response: 38-90 Hz
- Impedance: 8 ohms
Negative impedance control, combined with constant current monitoring gives you more excellent stability of performance and precise low-frequency playback. Yamaha NS-SW050BL features Twisted Flare Port technology which eliminates turbulence from the airflow on the vent, and therefore noise. Thanks to its innovative twist of the vent, you then get a higher clarity in the bass.
- 200 mm cone woofer
- Power: 50 W (100 W Dynamics)
- Bandwidth: 28 – 200 Hz
It allows using a remote bass control module if necessary. The subwoofer comes with a universal extension cable BTAH and FAST-9999. It has a dimension of 20 x 6 x 19 inches.
Who should buy this?
- The subwoofer is ideal for rock and pop fans who love the music loud.
- This subwoofer is for people who like the rich bass of their home theater.
Rockford Fosgate R2SD2-10 has high-density polyfoam surround and durable mica-injected polypropylene cone. To keep the motor cool, it has spider venting. This subwoofer has a dimension of 12 x 12 x 5.4 inches and can be easily installed under the car seat, trunk or door panels of the car.
- Works with both sealed and ported enclosure
- Shallow mounting depth of 3.5-inch
- Powerful and clear bass
Kicker subwoofer gives powerful bass experience without unwanted vibration because of heavy steel basket cuts. It is compatible with most of the amplifiers, thanks to its 4 ohms impedance.
- Can handle up to 200 Watts RMS
- Can be used in a ported or sealed enclosure
- 4 ohms impedance
The unit features a wood veneer box that retains its shape and has a black finish that matches most interiors.
It has a nominal power of 115 W, a frequency response of 28 to 200 Hz and an impedance of 6 Ohms. The device has a dimension of 11-5 / 8 x 13-5 / 8 x 15-3 / 4 inches.
Who should buy this?
- The Sony system is an excellent choice for party lovers who want to have more fun with bass-heavy music.
- The compact unit is to be considered by people who have limited space and want powerful sounds from their subwoofer.
8 ohms impedance allows this subwoofer to conduct power efficiently and to deliver powerful bass it has 90dB sensitivity. It has a reliable and robust construction and comes in a black laminate finish. The manufacturer also provides 5 years of limited warranty for BIC America 12. It has a dimension of 21x19x12 inches.
It has a signal detection enable the function that automatically turns the unit on and off when it receives signals from the main unit. The system also includes separate controls to adjust the phase, low frequencies and low-frequency input levels,
The black unit includes a progression spider and engine-structured ventilation that provides thermal protection for maximum mechanical reliability.
Who should buy this?
- The flexible connections supported by the subwoofer make it easier to connect the device in different cars at different times.
- The supplied remote control makes this unit the right choice for those who wish to make bass adjustments without having to stop while driving the car.
Sub8SM has an impedance of 8 ohms and comes with highly efficient built-in amplifier. For better bass experience it has advanced RFL bass-reflex design and enclosure made of high-density MDF. Mahony finish makes sure that you can display your subwoofer in style.
This means that the power provided by the front speakers will not be reduced when you connect it to your speaker system. It comes with the option to go to standby mode if it receives no signal for two minutes.
Monoprice allows you to keep the subwoofer turned on as long as you like if you do not want it to go into sleep mode.
PSW505 subwoofer has 460 watts peak power and 300 watts continuous rating. This polymer subwoofer durable and sealed construction to prevent air leaks.
There are rotary knobs and toggle switches to adjust the audio and bass. Polk Audio PSW505 can reproduce low-level frequency and has 23 Hz to 160 Hz frequency range. The long and wide phase amplifier produces distortion-free and clear bass.
The 100-watt amplifier guarantees you a rich bass with this subwoofer 8. It has a ventilated case that helps to add quality to the bass and give the sounds a more realistic feel. If you like to enjoy the excellent quality sound, then it’s worth the price you pay for it.
It features the MDF enclosure and front grille to protect from dust. Kanto SUB6MG is a Class D amplifier and has frequency response for 35Hz to 165Hz.
Why You Need A Subwoofer
- Upgrade your stereo speakers. Most factory stereo speakers do not produce enough bass. The car stereo speakers are designed to be small, so they do not take up much space in a car door. Small speakers do not have enough space to produce frequencies below 80 hertz, characteristics of the best bass. That’s why you need to reinforce them with a set of subwoofers that can pick up bass frequencies.
- Reduce the pressure on your audio system. When using a single stereo speaker to produce a full range of frequencies, the low frequencies tend to consume a lot of energy and weaken the entire audio system. A subwoofer has its own amplifier as a power source and its addition to the audio system will reduce the constraints on the entire audio system.
- Its smooth. In most car audio systems, there is often an imbalance of sound between tweeters, mid-drivers and stereo speakers, especially when playing high volume music. A subwoofer improves sound quality by opening a channel for low frequencies that distorts other devices.
- Speed Some genres of music start and stops in the instrumental parts with which the regular speakers find it difficult to discard, which leads to skipped beats or stained music. Most subwoofers have a fast and transient response, where the fastest bass lines are received and delivered with ease and realism.
Types of Subwoofers
The bass tubes are subwoofers that are enclosed in a tube to save space in a vehicle. Typically, these subwoofers do not produce a loud, distortion-free sound, but they are inexpensive and are the simplest upgrade to your car’s audio system. Low-tube subwoofers can support up to 800 watts of power and are available in sizes from 6 to 12 inches.
Auto-boosted bass solutions
The self-powered bass solutions are subwoofers built into a speaker powered by an in-line amplifier. These subwoofers also do not provide high quality bass, but most are cheap and can be used as a quick upgrade. They save space in a vehicle and are available in many sizes that fit almost any modern vehicle.
Standard Subwoofer Speakers
The standard subwoofer speakers are supplied without a case. You must buy a sealed or worn case to hold these speakers. They are available in sizes ranging from 6 to 15 inches and give the user more freedom when it comes to choosing where to install them. These are also the most powerful subwoofers and the best bass.
- Below $100: If you want a simple subwoofer that will just add the right amount of bass to your music. It is not difficult to find under quality under 100 dollars.
- $ 100 to $ 200:Expect to find both single and double subwoofers at this price point. Your purchase decision will largely depend on the space you have in your car. The subwoofers are made from first class materials and generally offer good bass and durability.
- Above $ 200:This price range offers double subwoofers in one speaker and usually with double reels. The products come from high-end manufacturers. So you can expect to find elegant subwoofers from top brands to add a touch of elegance to the interior of your car.
Be sure to match the power of your amplifier to the power handling capacity of the subwoofer. This is the only way to avoid smoking and overheating. Pay more attention to the RMS power rating because it shows the processing capacity of the speaker’s continuous power supply. In addition, manufacturers often exaggerate peak power and some subwoofers do not respect the hype.
Single Vs. Dual Voice Coils
Voice coils connect the subwoofer to the amplifier from where it draws energy. Simple voice reels are cheap, but some amplifiers cannot accommodate them. You will probably need to buy a new amplifier to connect your single coil subwoofer. Double coils are expensive but connect to more amplifiers than single coils.
- Case Style:Subwoofers are usually installed in a sealed or worn case. Cases give you a higher volume and keep the subwoofer ventilated to prevent overheating. A waterproof housing provides a lighter, deeper and controlled base.
- Frequency range:The frequency range of a subwoofer indicates how well it can play and therefore, what is the quality of its bass. A subwoofer with a frequency response below 80 Hz will give you good bass.
- Sensitivity:A subwoofer requires a certain amount of energy to produce volume, and that is its sensitivity. The higher the sensitivity, the lower the volume obtained with less energy. The ideal sensitivity for a subwoofer is between 80 and 99 decibels.
Some Additional Tips
- Place your subwoofer between two speakers. The low frequencies will mix between the high frequencies and give you a well-balanced sound.
- Consider using a professional to tune your subwoofer amplifier to get the best bass quality. You should also be present while the audio expert is tuning in to make sure the volume is right for you.
Frequently asked questions regarding subwoofers
Q: How can I handle the distortion from my subwoofers?
A: If you are sure that the distortion comes from the subwoofer, reduce the gain of the amplifier. It means that your speakers outperform your subwoofers, you should consider buying larger subwoofers with better sound quality.
Q: Why are my lights turned off after connecting the subwoofer to the amplifier?
A: The source of the problem may not come from the subwoofer but from your amplifier. The amplifier may not be installed properly and, therefore, may not draw enough power from the vehicle’s electrical system. A simple solution is to improve the wiring of your amplifiers and make sure the power and ground cables are long and, if possible, the same size.
Q: Will I continue to hear bass if I put the subwoofer in my trunk?
A: Yes. Provided your trunk is not insulated or soundproofed, a bass usually moves through the materials between the front seats and the trunk. But if you feel you’re going to miss all the good bass, you can drill a few holes in your rear deck and cover them with a thin cloth to leave more space for sound waves.