Simply follow the below-mentioned care instructions for mattresses:
- Remove the plastic sheets, bed covers and bed sheet from the bed. To clean the mattress of your sofa cum bed, pull the mattress out from the bed and remove all its cover.
- Use the vacuum cleaner to brush away all the dust and visible dirt. Its brush attachment must be used for cleaning.
- Put out the mattress in the sunlight and air. Open the windows to expose it to sunlight or take your mattress to a place that receives adequate sunlight and air. Allow sunshine to warm the mattress, killing mold spores and bacteria.
- Sprinkle some baking soda on the mattress and let it sit for 10 min. This household item absorbs odors and moisture from perspiration. Then use the vacuum cleaner to clean the sprinkled baking soda.
- If something gets spilled on the mattress, immediately blot the liquid. Do not let the liquid seep into the mattress as it will stain the mattress and the liquid will get soaked.
- To clean the stain, use a mild soap with water. Pat dry with plain tissues or a towel.
- Keep turning the mattress every 3-4 weeks to smooth out the contours.
- When using regularly, turn and rotate the mattress once in every 6 months for distributed wear and tear.
Always keep in mind the above points and make sure you clean it regularly as it will ultimately affect your health. Keep your mattress clean and avoid bacteria and spores attacks.
Make your bedroom a clean and tidy place for a good night’s peaceful sleep. Write in comments below your care instructions for mattresses.
Are you planning to buy new mattresses? We compiled the list of best mattresses here.
[amazon box=”B01EAG9X84,B07HN7VWFK,B016WJWC0S,B07D538WH3,B0774YTYF7,B01N4N3QJ1,B0134FXZ40,B00HCZ0XF8,B01M6Z033T,B006L9VANK” template=”horizontal”]