Silicone is a chemical element that is present in sand and glass and which is the best-known semiconductor material in electronic components. Silicone is a smooth malleable material that is widely used in making bakeware and other kitchen and dining items. Below is a list of care instructions for silicone
Silicone bakeware offers a new level of ease and efficiency in the kitchen. This flexible bakeware, which is made from food-grade, FDA-approved silicone, is designed to release foods without sticking. This makes silicon ideal for use in muffin molds, loaf pans and more.
Following a few simple care instructions for silicone bakeware to keep them looking as good as new:
- Silicone bakeware is safe for use in the oven. Use a baking sheet underneath them if you are uncomfortable with handling your silicone without support.
- Never place your bakeware on direct heat, such as a stove burner.
- Always follow recipe directions for greasing and flouring pans, and always allow baked goods to cool before attempting to remove them from the bakeware.
- Do not slice or cut anything while it is still in the bakeware, as this will result in damaging the baking surface.
- Silicone bakeware is dishwasher safe. You can also wash it by hand but must avoid using scrubbers or scratchers that will scratch the baking surface.
- Use warm water and dish detergent to clean off any residue and allow drying completely before storing.
Silicone bakeware can go from freezer to oven and is designed for optimum heat distribution and cooling. If you care for it properly, your silicone bakeware will be an asset to your kitchen for many years. They’re the freezer, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and oven safe.
Did we miss any tip in our list of care instructions for silicone? Write in comments below.
Do you want to clean your microwave easily and efficiently? Click here