Metal furniture can be crafted out of either of the following:
- Wrought Iron
- Stainless Steel
- Bronze and brass
It is very easy to take care of metal furniture.
Simply follow the below-mentioned care instructions for metal furniture –
- Dusting and cleaning your metal furniture is very important. It should be done with a soft cotton towel or cloth to avoid scratches. At times mild detergent and water solution can be used but once the washing is done, dry it using a soft towel.
- Metal furniture is often damaged due to rust. If your metal frame furniture is not rust-resistant, seal it with paste wax after cleaning it with mild soap and water. If it has a few spots of rust, you can treat it with rust remover.
- For an exhaustive cleaning session, you can use methylated spirit for cleaning. Smudges and smears can be removed from metal furniture by using a window cleaning liquid and a paper towel.
- Apply wax on the metal furniture to make it bright and protect it from wear and tear. Whether in liquid or paste form, the wax should be easy to use and apply. The wax film gives the metal furniture a pleasant look and prevents finger marks. Regular waxing prevents tarnishing of metals and maintains a bright finish.
- Repaint the metal furniture often. The look of the furniture can be refreshed from time to time by painting it. It will add life to the furniture. Metal furniture should be regularly powder coated which are of various types like polyester, nylon, epoxy, acrylic coating etc.
- If using outdoors, it is advisable to pull the furniture indoors in harsh winters and rainy season as it may rust the metal furniture.
Metal is a material that is typically hard, opaque, shiny and is a good conductor of electricity. Metals can be easily hammered or pressed permanently out of shape without breaking or cracking. They can also be fused or melted.
It is widely preferred for furniture for its smart design and easy to maintain the property. It can be easily molded into a beautiful decor piece or a useful kitchen appliance. Metal can refer to any of these- aluminum, stainless steel, wrought iron, bronze or brass.
Add life to your furniture by caring for it. Metal furniture is sturdy and will serve you years of service if proper care is taken of it.
Taking care of metal products is extremely easy. Give a new life to your metal products by following the above-mentioned care instructions for metal furniture.
Care Instruction for Brass
Here are some tips to care for brass items:
- If the brass is dirty or seems oily, mix some mild detergent with warm water. Take a soft cloth and soak it in the solution.
- Wipe it clean and let it dry. After drying, wipe it again with a soft cotton cloth.
- Toothpaste can also be used for cleaning. Apply a bit of toothpaste on the material and rub it in light circular motions. Now wipe this off with a soft cotton cloth.
- Polish the brass with the brass polish and rub it with a clean dry cloth.
- Wear cloth gloves when cleaning, so that you do not put fingerprints on it.
- Apply lacquer to give the brass a protective coat that will help in maintaining its shine. Use cotton balls or a soft paint-brush to apply it. Apply only a thin layer, and make sure to apply it evenly. Wipe up any drips before they dry. Let the brass dry before touching it.
- A lemon half dipped in a plate of table salt will also remove heavy tarnish and leave a clean, but unpolished look to brass.
- Brass polish is abrasive, so be careful not to rub off delicate engravings or scratch a brass-plated piece.
- Brass that is very heavily tarnished can be cleaned with hot vinegar.
- If you do polish it and the varnish is removed, consider having it re-varnished, especially if there is fine engraving on it.
Keep your brass items looking as new as ever by following the above-mentioned care tips.
Write in comments below, any care instructions for metal furniture