A lot of people add leather furniture for the classy appeal as it brings to their households. The leather furniture may look rich and sophisticated but it can wear after some time if no proper care is taken. Below, we listed simple care instructions for leather furniture.
The leather is a durable and flexible material created by the tanning of animal rawhide and skin. Leather can be produced through manufacturing processes ranging from cottage industry to heavy industry. It is widely used in manufacturing garments like jackets, hats and also bags and belts. It is produced in a wide variety of types and styles and is decorated by a wide range of techniques.
Products crafted with a leather look stylish yet sturdy. The most amazing thing about leather is that it will serve you years but will only require a little care from time to time. Today leather is used in home decor items, cushion covers, bar and drinkware, and bags and luggage.
The leather furniture looks sturdy and rather as if its proper care is taken from time to time.
Here are some care instructions for leather furniture:
- Always make sure that the leather furniture is kept away from direct sunlight and any source of heat. Heat and sunlight tend to break down the natural oils of the leather and the leather can crack.
- Leather furniture should be dusted regularly to protect its shine. Clean high use areas like armrests and cushions with a damp cloth. Use the soft brush attachment of the vacuum cleaner for hard to reach areas.
- Never use hard cleaning solutions to clean the leather furniture as it might damage the leather. You can get leather cleaning solutions in the market.
- If your leather furniture is stained, make sure you use chemical free solution- neutral ph to get rid of the stains.
- It is always recommended to perform a patch test on hidden areas to check for discoloration or any undesirable effects of the solution on the leather.
- Always use a mild soap that is free of oils for cleaning your leather sofa sets or beds. It is also advisable not to use strong chemicals as they may cause damage.
- Make sure you keep your leather furniture away from pointed and sharp objects. This way you can protect your furniture from tearing and scratches.
- Any spills on leather should be cleaned immediately using newspapers or towels to avoid staining as the leather will absorb.
- After cleaning, it is very essential to apply a leather conditioner on the furniture. Conditioning after cleaning helps the leather to regain its natural oils and acts as a protective layer against the spills and dirt.
Leather furniture is tough and sturdy and can last for years if proper care is taken of it. Therefore, add life to your leather furniture by dusting, cleaning and polishing regularly.
Take care of your leather items and add a rich and classy appeal to your home. Write down in comments below your care instructions for leather furniture.
Click here, for care instructions of artificial leather.