In This Article
- Best Slow Close Toilet Seat Reviews (Updated List)
- #1 Bath Royale BR606-00 Premium Elongated Toilet Seat with Cover
- #2 MAYFAIR Slow Close Seat (Red)
- #3 KOHLER K-4734-0 Rutledge Elongated White Toilet Seat
- #4 Delta Faucet 811901-WH Wycliffe Elongated Slow-Close Toilet Seat
- #5 Brondell L60-EW LumaWarm
- #6 Sanilo Round Toilet Seat
- #7 KOHLER K-4636-58 Cachet Quiet-Close
- #8 Elongated Toilet Seats with Built in Potty Training Seat
- Buyer’s Guide for soft close toilet seats
- Who can use slow close toilet seats?
- What kind of material is used in soft close toilet seats?
- Color option with soft close toilet seats?
- Where can I buy a toilet seat with soft close?
- How much is a quiet close toilet seat with soft close?
- What makes a standard toilet seat different from soft close toilets seat?
- Pros and cons of soft close toilet seats
- Things to consider in slow close toilet seats
- The FAQ for soft close toilet seats
Slow close toilet seats offer the best way to close toilet seat quietly. Unlike regular toilet seat, slow close toilet seats close slowly on its own as you push it down, without banging loudly on the toilet seat.
In the following article, we take a closer look at the top-rated eight slow close toilet seats you can buy in 2019.
For the soft-close mechanism, most of the slow close toilet seats have particular tensioned hinges and uses gravity. When you want to close the toilet seat tap lightly, and the toilet seat will close quietly and slowly.
Our comprehensive buying guide and reviews will provide all the information you need to make an informed decision about the best slow close toilet seat.
Slow close toilet seats are available in different materials, each with distinct advantages. We have put together detailed information on things to consider in quiet close toilet seats.
Soft close toilet seats have an easy installation. It shouldn’t take you more than a few minutes to make sure everything is working as it should. Read our short installation guide to find out how to install these toilet seats easily.
What are the best slow close toilet seats in 2019?
- Bath Royale BR606-00 Premium Elongated Toilet Seat with Cover
- MAYFAIR Slow Close Seat (Red)
- KOHLER K-4734-0 Rutledge Elongated White Toilet Seat
- Delta Faucet 811901-WH Wycliffe Elongated Slow-Close Toilet Seat
- Brondell L60-EW LumaWarm
- Sanilo Round Toilet Seat
- KOHLER K-4636-58 Cachet Quiet-Close
- Elongated Toilet Seats with Built in Potty Training Seat
Best Slow Close Toilet Seat Reviews (Updated List)
Buyer’s Guide for soft close toilet seatsRegular toilet seats can cause the loud bang if the lid slips out of hand and lands on the toilet seat. With this, there is a risk of damaging your toilet seat or cover. And also let’s not forget that loud noise is irritating, especially if it happens in the middle of the night. Soft close toilet seats can save you all this trouble as it closes slowly and quietly. These seats are also commonly referred to as self close or slow close toilet seats
Who can use slow close toilet seats?A toilet seat with automatic lowering has many advantages and is suitable for every home and also for public toilets. Especially for families with children, slow close toilet seats can be a great help. Let’s be honest children often are in a hurry or don’t care much. They will bang the toilet seat down instead of holding and closing it slowly. This can break the lid or seat of the toilet. There is also a more critical safety risk of hurting their fingers if it comes between seat and lid. With soft closing toilet seats, you will also get rid of those annoying bang sounds when you use the toilet in the night time.
What kind of material is used in soft close toilet seats?Soft close toilet seats are available in different materials. While choosing the toilet seat, it is essential to consider factors such as seating comfort, hygiene, appearance, and durability. The material used in manufacturing the toilet seat plays a vital role to determine these factors. Most of the soft close toilet seats are made of plastic (polyresin, thermoplastic or thermoset) or wood. With wooden toilet seats, it is essential to have a good coating as it will ensure hygienic as well as the long life of the seat. The three named plastics differ in their characteristics as follows.
|Mineral, resin-bound material, unlimited creative freedom||Robust and resistant||Glassy material|
|Wide color variations and integration of objects such as shells possible||Chemical resistant and easy to clean||Break and scratch resistant but not recyclable|
|Easy care and chemical resistant||Hardly modern design variations||Colorfast and chemical resistant|
|Low weight||Solid quality||Non-porous surface offers high hygiene standard|
Color option with soft close toilet seats?Slow close toilet seats are available in almost all colors, with many patterns. Wood and MDF boards are lacquered or coated in many colors. Also, plastic seats made of thermoplastic, polyresin or thermoset are available in the wildest colors and patterns to spice up your toilet skillfully. Of course, at the same time, there are models in classic colors, such as white, Manhattan, or cream. Even classics made of wood or MDF boards in a pleasant natural grain are also an integral part of the range.
Where can I buy a toilet seat with soft close?You can find slow close toilet seats from furniture shops or stores which sell bathroom products. You can also find them online as many retailers offer them on the internet with an extra discount. Some of the online stores for slow close toilet seats: https://www.amazon.com/ https://www.walmart.com/ https://www.lowes.com/ https://www.truevalue.com/
How much is a quiet close toilet seat with soft close?The cost of slow close toilet seats varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Also, the material, the quality, and the features are responsible for the price difference. The price range extends from about 12 to 600 dollars.
What makes a standard toilet seat different from soft close toilets seat?A conventional toilet seat requires manual opening and closing of the toilet lid, which can often cause noise and damage to the place. In slow close toilet seats, it closes slowly and quietly automatically with the light tap. This is especially beneficial for small children and the elderly.
Pros and cons of soft close toilet seats
✔️ Slow and quiet closing of the toilet seat
✔️ Ergonomic comfort, as you don’t have to bend over for closing the seat.
✔️ Beneficial for children and the elderly
✔️ Easy to design
❌ The broken soft-closing mechanism is difficult to repair
Things to consider in slow close toilet seatsFor buying the best soft close toilet seats, it is essential to consider the following factors. The criteria that you can use are:
- Additional features
MaterialSoft close toilet seats are available in wood and various type of plastics. The properties of the different plastics are listed above in a table.
PriceAs we have already seen, prices vary depending on the material, quality, and manufacturer. Slow close toilet seats are usually more expensive if they are made from high-quality materials and have additional features. We also advise you to take your time choosing the material of the product to achieve good value for money.
|Material||Starting price *|
Color/PatternDepending on your bathroom existing theme and design, you should pay attention to the specified colors or pattern of soft close toilet seats. If you prefer your bathroom in a classy look, then consider colors like white or grey. Do you have a bath in a natural theme, then find the seats made of wood. Whether crazy, elegant, child-friendly, or individual preference, there are no limits to the imagination when designing your toilet. Check out our guide on bathroom fans
Additional featuresSome slow close toilet seats are also equipped with other features mentioned below:
- Heated toilet seats for warming thighs and buttocks – ideal for the cold weather.
- Built-in LED light in the toilet seat.
- Unique, comfortable places for children that can be attached to the regular adult toilet. This makes it easier and safer for them to go to the bathroom independently.
- A take-off function makes it possible to disassemble the entire toilet seat at the push of a button to make cleaning much more comfortable.
The FAQ for soft close toilet seats
How to install a soft close toilet seat?Installing the new slow close toilet seat to the existing toilet is not a problem, because most of them are very similar. The basic principle of attachment is always the same. You may need the following for installing the slow close toilet seats
- Combination pliers for wing screws or ratchet M6 or a wrench
- Cleaning agent for the ceramic bowl
- Rubber gloves for protection