- 1 QUICK ANSWER: Best Built-In Dishwashers For 2019
- 1.1 1. Hotpoint – 24″ Built-In Dishwasher Review
- 1.2 2. Frigidaire FFBD1821MS 18 inches dishwasher Review
- 1.3 3. Bosch SHX878WD5N 800 Series Built In Dishwasher Review
- 1.4 4. Bosch SHX3AR75UC Ascenta 24″ Review
- 1.5 5. KitchenAid KDFE104HPS Built-in Dishwasher Review
- 1.6 6. Bosch SHS863WD5N 300 Series
- 1.7 7. Maytag MDB4949SHZ
- 1.8 8. Samsung Appliance DW80K5050US Built-In Dishwasher
- 1.9 9. Frigidaire FFID2426TS 24″ Built-In Fully Integrated Dishwasher
- 1.10 10. Whirlpool WDT750SAHZ Fully Integrated Dishwasher
- 2 Buying Guide for Built-in Dishwasher
Dishwashers save the time and efforts of washing dishes and drying them. There are several options in dishwasher available, depending on your budget, needs, and preference. If you are looking for a dishwasher that blends in the kitchen cabinets, then built-in dishwashers are worth checking out.
What are the best built-in dishwashers in 2019?
- Hotpoint – 24″ Built-In Dishwasher
- Frigidaire FFBD1821MS 18 inches dishwasher
- Bosch SHX878WD5N 800 Series Built In Dishwasher
- Bosch SHX3AR75UC Ascenta 24″
- KitchenAid KDFE104HPS Built-in Dishwasher
- Bosch SHS863WD5N 300 Series
- Maytag MDB4949SHZ
- Samsung Appliance DW80K5050US Built-In Dishwasher
- Frigidaire FFID2426TS 24″ Built-In Fully Integrated Dishwasher
- Whirlpool WDT750SAHZ Fully Integrated Dishwasher
Two most popular dishwasher styles for households are a freestanding and built-in dishwasher. Built-in dishwashers are the aesthetically better option as they remain hidden until you need to use them.
What is built-in dishwasher?
Built-in dishwashers are also known as integrated model dishwashers. They come in two styles, one is fully integrated, and the other is semi-integrated models. Built-in dishwashers are designed in such a way that they remain hidden and fit flush completely with your kitchen cabinets. The front opening part of the dishwasher is behind the panel, which is the same as the rest of your cabinets in the kitchen.
QUICK ANSWER: Best Built-In Dishwashers For 2019
This 24 inches built-in dishwasher by hotspot is reliable and loaded with the latest features. For excessive washing of extra greasy dishes, it has a feature like hot start option. Have large food particle? No problem this hotspot dishwasher has piranha food disposer.
Hotspot built-in dishwasher can accommodate a large number of dishes at once with the 12-place setting. For flexible loading, you can easily remove the upper rack and silverware basket. It is 34 inches in height, 34 inches in width and depth of 25 ¾ inches.
This built-in dishwasher has a sound reduction system and heated drying. It is also energy efficient and operates at a noise level of 64 decibels.
This 18 inches built-in dishwasher by Frigidaire has durable stainless steel interior and energy efficient. With the operating sound of 55 decibels, this dishwasher makes low noise while operating. It has features like delay start, control lock option, and heated drying.
Frigidaire FFBD1821MS is 35 inches height, 17.6 inches wide and depth of 23 inches. It has 12 place setting capacity and 6 pre-programmed wash cycle options.
This built-in dishwasher lacks features like hard food disposer, cycle status lights, and end of cycle signal.
Bosch 800 built-in dishwashers series is powerful but quiet dishwasher with modern design and features. For simple and convenient user experience, they have touch controls. This Bosch dishwasher model has 16 place capacity and 6 wash cycle programs.
Bosch SHX878WD5N has a flexible 3rd rack which is uncommon in other built-in dishwashers. This rack can be adjusted to accommodate uniquely shaped dishes. Racks of this washer can get easily adjustable for 9 possible positions. They are super easy to move even when full of dishes.
This built-in dishwasher has an operating noise level of 42 decibels. It also has features like heated drying, condensation drying, and delay start.
Bosch SHX3AR75UC is a model of 100 built-in series dishwashers. This is a high-performance dishwasher with features like high-temperature wash and 6 wash cycle options.
It has hybrid stainless steel interiors and fully integrated control panel for a clean and sleek look.
Bosch Ascenta 24’’ has flexible loading options and offers up to 14 places setting capacity. It is water and energy efficient & has an operating sound level of 50 decibels. Features like a high-temperature wash, six different wash cycle option, triple fold corrugated filter, and overflow leak protection make it popular dishwasher in the market today.
- Product dimension: 34″ H, 24″ W, and 24″ Depth
- 14 place setting capacity
- Six wash cycles (Auto, Power Scrub Plus, Regular, Quick Wash, Economy Wash, and Auto Half Load)
- 50 decibels operating sound level
- Fully integrated hidden touch controls
- Hybrid stainless steel interiors
- High-temperature wash, delay start and sensor wash
This stylish and sleek built-in dishwasher by KitchenAid has special stainless steel coating which resists smudges and fingerprints. It can be easily cleaned from outside using just water and a soft cloth. For interiors, it is made using stainless steel which resists stains, streaks, and odors. This kind of interiors also provides better drying performance as it is more efficient in retaining heat.
KitchenAid has a flexible and straightforward loading with adjustable racks. It has 14 place setting capacity and 5 wash cycle programs to give clean dishes at once. This built-in dishwasher also has features like heated drying, motion start, and delay start up to 8 hours. It has a capacitive touch control panel, 5 wash arms, and operating noise level of 46 decibels.
This Bosch 300 series model is high performing and low on noise dishwasher. It has a width of 24 inches and up to 16 place setting capacity. This built-in washer has 3 racks, which can be adjusted at different height and up to 9 different positions.
Bosch SHS863WD5N has 5 wash cycles and operates at a low noise rating of 44 decibels. With a stainless steel interior and finish this built-in dishwasher is easy to clean and maintain. Other notable features of this model are delay start, heated drying, sound reduction system, and speed 60 (quick wash cycle to clean dishes fast).
- Product dimension: 34″ H, 24″ W, and 24″ Depth
- 16 place setting capacity and Five wash cycles
- 3 adjustable racks
- 44 decibels operating noise level
- Button control and pocket handle design
- Durable stainless steel interiors and finish
- Sensor wash, delay start and heated drying
If you are on a tight budget but need a powerful dishwasher, then check out Maytag MDB4949SHZ. This built-in dishwasher has a powerful motor, durable stainless steel interior and easy to clean fingerprint resistant stainless steel finish.
4 blade chopper, high-pressure spray jets, and powerful motor make sure you can wash the dirtiest dishes. It has capacitive touch controls and pocket handle design. For reducing moisture and dry dishes, it has a heated dry feature.
This Maytag built-in dishwasher has 14 place settings capacity and 6 wash cycles. It has 2 heavy-duty nylon racks which can be adjusted at a different height.
- Product dimension: 35″ H, 24″ W, and 25″ Depth
- 12 place setting capacity and six wash cycles
- 2 adjustable heavy-duty nylon racks
- 50 decibels operating noise level
- Heated drying, steam cleaning, and high-temperature wash features
- Durable stainless steel interiors and finish.
- Up to 4 hours delay start feature
Samsung Stormwash is a 24’’ built-in dishwasher with powerful rotating spray jets to give heavy-duty wash. Even for hard to clean items, you don’t need to do any pre-rinsing. It has a ‘Stormwash wheel’ just under the bottom rack which scrubs the extra dirty and extra greasy dishes.
Samsung DW80K5050US has 15 place settings capacity and 6 wash cycle options.
It has a simple touch control integrated panel and indicator lights. This dishwasher has stainless steel interiors and two adjustable racks.
- Product dimension: 36″ H, 24″ W, and 25″ Depth
- 2 adjustable racks
- Operating noise level of 48 decibels and sound reduction system
- Storm wash and auto-release door
- Hard food disposer, delay start and self-cleaning filter
- 3 wash arms, sensor wash, and high-temperature wash
This 24″ dishwasher by Frigidaire is designed to give the best performance. It has a technology which can adjust the wash cycle time depending on the cleaning required by the load. It has 5 arm sprays which ensure that every corner of the dishwasher and every dish in it is covered.
Frigidaire dishwasher has 4 wash cycles and 14 place settings capacity. There is also a sanitizing option where it operates at a higher temperature for safer and better results. For drying, it has a choice of heated dry and energy saver dry.
- Product dimension: 35″ H, 24″ W, and 25″ Depth
- Polymer tub with 2 adjustable nylon racks
- Operating noise level of 54 decibels and sound reduction system
- Up to 6 hours delay start and water soil sensor
- High-temperature wash and heated drying
- Five wash arms
This Whirlpool 7 series built-in dishwasher is efficient in cleaning dishes quickly. It has 15 place settings capacity and 5 different wash cycles to choose from. It has easy to use touch controls and cycle status indicator. 2 adjustable nylon racks allows flexible loading options.
This dishwasher has a durable stainless steel interior tub. Three spray arms with multiple nozzles ensure water reaches every dish. Other notable features such as heated dry option, Up to 8 hours delay start, sensor cycle, and wash temperature wash option.
- Product dimension: 35″ H, 24″ W, and 27″ Depth
- Stainless steel tub with 2 adjustable nylon racks
- Operating noise level of 47 decibels
- Water soil sensor, motion activated controls, and filtered water
- 5 wash cycle (Heavy, normal, sensor, one-hour wash, and soak & clean)
- Towel bar handle
Semi built-in dishwashers front control panel is visibly similar to freestanding models. It’s not entirely identical as control panel visible material and color is the same as the rest of the kitchen cabinets.
Buying Guide for Built-in Dishwasher
The dishwasher comes in several different styles and designs which give the option to select the one which suits your preference, needs, and kitchen layout. Following buying guide for built-in buying guide and above mentioned recommended products can help you in selecting the best built-in dishwasher.
Built-in dishwashers are loaded with more advanced features in comparison to freestanding dishwashers. Features like digital timer, multiple cycles, and load sensing technology are standard in the built-in dishwasher. Apart from these features, they also have advanced features like a specialized wash cycle, multiple spray options, and targeted spray arms for stubborn remains on dishes.
The built-in dishwasher comes in two styles, fully integrated and semi-integrated. Fully integrated is wholly concealed, including their control panel and Led lights. This provides a neat and clean look in the kitchen without any sight of the dishwasher of contradicting colors in the kitchen.
Semi-integrated is wholly flushed with kitchen units, but their control panel is visible. This makes it easier to use, and their front panel is usually of same color and material as kitchen cabinets.
Most common and popular size of the built-in dishwasher is 24 inches wide. This size is kind of must have if you have a big family. 24-inches wide dishwasher can comfortably accommodate and wash a large number of dishes at once.
Please make sure you have enough space in the kitchen for a built-in dishwasher, especially if you are living in an apartment or small home.
The main disadvantage of a built-in dishwasher is that they are permanently installed in the kitchen. This is a problem if you are living in a rented apartment or planning to move after some time. On the other hand, built-in dishwashers provide a clutter-free and neat look to the kitchen. They can also improve the value of your property if you are planning to sell or rent the house.
Cost and Installation
The built-in dishwasher is usually expensive as compared to other types of dishwashers. Installation cost is also higher as you may need a professional to install it. Built-in dishwashers require particular installation as it has to be connected to drains and kitchen faucet.